Obama was the first black person to be elected as president of the United States. His campaign did many advertisements and the spoof of the beer commercial was entertaining and clearly showed change as the message. The commercial was effective of showing that Obama would bring good changes to the country. It was a very witty and smart way of delivering that, by using the beer commercial.


The issues that Obama is very keen on changing are unemployment, health care, global warming, war and the recession or stock market slump. The Ad had all the issues that are of major concern and as a young person I liked it. Older people might not like it or get it, but I think the Ad was focused on young voters. I don’t even remember the beer commercial, so if I saw this commercial without seeing the original I wouldn’t think much about it.

Overall I think Obama delivered a clear message of change. The commercial was witty, a bit funny and serious. It was very appealing as a young person and made you want to vote for him, which was the main goal.

(0) Comments